Friday 15 July 2016

Quick Cards for Chocolate Baroque.

Morning Everyone,

Over on the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog they share twice monthly posts of inspiration for cards that can be made in about 15 minutes using their beautiful stamps.  Today a selection of cards I made are included in the post together with contributions from some of the other DT members.  Here's a bit more detail of how I created my cards.


I began by creating a quick A4 sized masterboard using a selection of Fresco Finish acrylic chalk paints which I scraped on with an old credit card.  I followed up with some stencilling using white acrylic paint.  I then used offcuts from creating my favourite 20 cm square card bases to make bases for notelets and cut some pieces from my masterboard to fit.  I chose a selection of Chocolate Baroque silhouette stamps and sentiments which I stamped with black Archival Ink, edged with a black permanent marker and mounted onto the base cards.




I was really pleased with how these turned out and I had enough masterboard left to create two decent sized square cards too.

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you have time to visit the Chocolate Baroque blog which is always filled with gorgeous inspiration from the DT.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

8 comments:

Helen said...

beautiful background masterboard, love the stamped images on the cards. Gorgeous!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous collection of of quick cards Lesley. I love the background you created for these too.

Sue xx

G Peplow said...

Gosh three fab cards, love them all : D xx

Suzi B said...

I like all these Lesley, especially the lovely colours of the masterboard !
Suzi B xx

sam21ski said...

Fabulous makes Lesley, but surprised you found the time and kept your concentration, you've been on tender hooks for a phone call for the last 10 days or so, but now he's finally arrived so you can rest easy now xxx

Words and Pictures said...

These are so elegant, Lesley - stunning stamps and beautifully subtle backgrounds.
Alison x

Aquarius said...

These are so lovely with the silhouettes against the great backgrounds. Making a master board (or two) is something which I keep meaning to do but usually end up just making smaller pieces when I dabble around with inks/paints/brusho et al. More often than not I then don't quite enough of said background to be able to use the matching scraps to complete a card!! Good news about the arrival of your latest grandchild - I'm afraid I've been slightly out of touch on the blogging front for a while but hoping to get back up to speed in due course. Take care.

Ruth said...

How beautifully simple and elegant.....lovely set of cards. Hugs Ruth x