Sunday 19 June 2016

Another PaperArtsy Infusions Playtime!

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a good weekend and the weather isn't putting too much of a damper on it for you.  We had sunshine first thing but it's grey again now.  I can live with grey for a bit as long as there's no more of the torrential rain we had last week.

Bit of family chat next so feel free to skip....

Crafting has been on a bit of a back burner here for a few weeks mainly because two of our grandchildren have been staying or I've been up in Harrogate with them.  Last weekend I collected them after school on Friday and brought them down here because my lovely Daughter in Law to be, Yvonne, had organised a special 'Mum to Be' Spa Day for Jenna and as her hubby was still not well enough to have the children for the full day I had them and we had a very special day out with their Uncle Jamie and our lovely Alexa at The Chestnut Centre, Otter, Owl and Wild Life Sanctuary in the beautiful Derbyshire High Peak.  Then on the Sunday I took them home but there was a lot of subterfuge involved as completely unbeknown to Jenna, Yvonne and some of Jenna's friends had organised a very special Baby Shower for her.  The expression on her face when she walked into the room with everyone there was priceless and she told me that although she was so tired the whole weekend was amazing and just what she needed after the past few horrendous months.  Baby is officially due on 30 June but Izzy and Charlie were both a week late so we will see.  Jenna looks ready to pop now imo, lol!

OK, back to crafting!

When I was having my last bit of playtime fun with PaperArtsy's Infusions powders this was the last make from that session which I have shared on FaceBook but haven't blogged.


For this card, I first sprinkled a little Lemoncello Infusions and misted with water until I was happy with the colour depth and I then dried it with a heat tool. Next I used Black Knight by placing a stencil, lightly sprinkling the powders (not lightly enough really, lol, you only need a teensy bit) and then spritzing with water. After removing the stencil I used a damp paintbrush to define the shapes a bit more.  When it was dry I then stamped a selection of JOFY images using black Archival Ink.


I then used Fresco Finish Chalk Paints to colour the images.  I can't remember which colours now sorry but they were a couple of lemony colours and greys. I again made sure it was dry before adding Diamond Stickles to the middle flower image which I think you can see if you click on the pic.  I matted the card onto a layer of black and then onto my base card before stamping the JOFY phrase across the bottom and finally I added the metal butterfly and the happy birthday.

I was really happy with how this turned out and love the lemon and grey colour combo.

Crikey, while I've been writing this post the temperature seems to have plummeted!  I think flaming June, brrrr!!!  I know I don't like hot weather but this is getting a bit ridiculous now, lol!

Hope it's warmer where you are
Hugs
Lesley  Xx

17 comments:

Suzi B said...

Gorgeous Lesley.
Suzi B xx

Helen said...

what a fab card! Sounds as if Jenna had a great weekend last weekend.Hope the baby comes when he/she is meant to and doesn't keep her waiting too long.

Hazel Agnew said...

Lovely combo Lesley, and it has sparked off an idea in my head. Can't give you a nicer compliment than that I don't think. Beautiful work and off to get my stuff out! Xx

craftimamma said...

Ooh can't wait to see what you do Hazel. Xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

That's gorgeous Lesley love those colours together they work so well xxx

sam21ski said...

Great card, love the black and the yellow together xx

Lynne K said...

I really like this, Lesley, a very striking design and fab colours! Are the PA Infusions powders like Brusho? If so, I'll have to investigate them! xx

Lin said...

Gorgeous card Lesley great colour choice..can see you are loving the infusions... lovely to see Jenna had a lovely weekend and to know Tony is finally on the mend you must be exhausted xxx

Etsuko said...

What a amazing card Lesley, beautiful Infusion lemon yellow and gray colours combo. I always love your design and how do you art the composition and choose a colours scheme. xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

great card and lovely colour combo x hugs x

Brenda Brown said...

A great design Lesley with fabulous colour blends. Sounds like you had a great time with the grandchildren and good luck for the next one xxx

craftimamma said...

They are granules like Brushos Lynne but maybe a tiny bit more course. They don't have as many different colour speckles as Brushos but the big difference is they have Walnut granules in every colourwhich give them a lovely earthy, shabby chic effect. The more water you use and longer you leave it wet the stronger the walnut tones. Love Brushos but sometimes they are a bit bright. Xx

craftimamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artmadnana said...

Ooh just seen this Lesley. What a gorgeous colour combination. I want to try this now. Love the way you've complemented the stamped image and stencilled images. Wonderful as usual.

cuilliesocks said...

Ooooooer gorgeous card and fabulous colours, love image and design, love it, Kate x

Suzanne C said...

Lesley: This is gorgeous! I adore the yellow and gray together. Fabulous!

lisa said...

Hi Lesley. It's lovely to catch up with you and hear family news. Sounds like exciting times. I hope all goes really well for Jenna.
Your card is stunning, what striking colours. I would never have thought of using black but it looks really great.
Hugs Lisax