Sunday 22 June 2014

PaperArtsy Blog Challenge with inspiration from Penny Nuttall

Goodmorning Everyone .....

.... and I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday.   I gather from my friends' tweets this morning that not everyone in the UK has had the sun that I woke up to and it keeps going cloudy here but I don't really mind because it means my craftroom goes down to a bearable temperature, lol! Crafting this week and most other things too have been on a very slow burner because heat makes me sooooo lethargic (and grumpy to be honest).

Anyway, over on the PaperArtsy blog this week we have been treated to some fabulous and very varied projects again and the returning principal designer for the week was Penny Nuttall. I really loved her first project which you can see HERE so once I summoned the energy to face the heat I decided to have a go at a scaled down version.  I have to admit my project has lost something 'in translation' because I gave my sewing machine to my Daughter two or three years ago after I lost all interest in sewing and it had been gathering dust for about 10 years and my hands are not up to lengthy bouts of hand stitching so I used adhesive for my project ...... definitely looks much better with pretty stitching!

Because I wasn't stitching and my burlap/hessian was very loosely woven and my linen was very fine, I decided to use some card at the back for body so I roughly blended some Distress Inks round the edge first.


I used a couple of pretty wooden beads on each end of my kebab stick and layered strips of co-ordinating ribbon and paper flowers.
 

I had a red chunky heart which was the perfect colour match  so I hung that from the bottom ribbon.


I'm not totally delighted with this little piece purely because of the missing stitching but it was fun and I like the colours which are not my usual go to ones.  I enjoyed doing the stencilling too.

Now I have something special to show you ;D!  This is a pretty bottle decorated with glass paints by my granddaughter Alexa (with help from her lovely stepmum, Yvonne) which she proudly gave to me last Sunday.  Can you see the M for Mamma in the circle?  I love it!


That's it from me today unless by some miracle I manage another PA challenge piece before 5 pm...... which I doubt very much ;-).  See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley   Xx

22 comments:

Helen said...

Love it, Lesley, even without stitching!! also love Alexa's work.
it's hot here too!!

sam21ski said...

Well I think it looks great, fab colour combo and very summery.

What a lovely gift from Alexa too, she's obviously following in your footsteps with her artwork.

Sam xxx

Val said...

This is lovely, pretty summer colours.

Gorgeous bottle from Alexa, clever little girl.

Valxxxx

pennylopes54 said...

A summery and happy piece! Thank you for being
Inspired to join in.
Best regards, Penny.

Hazel Agnew said...

It's beautiful Lesley and the heart adds something special to it. A special present to treasure too. Fabulous! Xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

So pretty,perfect summer colours

Donna x

Aquarius said...

This is so pretty and lovely colours too. I've not looked at what inspired you yet but will take a look. Oddly enough I never use my machine for stitching on 'craft' projects - somehow the two disciplines seem to stay in their separate compartments. The weather is nice and it does seem churlish to complain about the heat but I'm with you there!!

Jacqui Chimes said...

It's lovely

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful hanging Lesley, I've not looked at the paperartsy blog so not seen Penny's, but I love your version. I also love your gorgeous bottle, well done Alexa.

Sue xx

margaret said...

Lovely piece Lesley!!

margaret said...

Lovely piece Lesley!!

Darcy Marshall said...

Turned out great even without stitching, I really like your accent ribbons/heart they finish it off nicely. gorgeous bottle, what a lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

Lesley, your little hanging is gorgeous!! And congrats to Alexa, such a beautiful bottle.

Julie Lee said...

Fabulous work, Lesley! It cheers me up just to look at it! What a talented girl Alexa is! Something tells me you are one creative family! xxx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful hanging! The flowers are so happy and bright! Love Alexa's bottle it is so very pretty!

Lucy Edmondson said...

I think your hanging turned out really well! And Alexa's bottle is brilliant, right up my street!

Lucy x

Ruth said...

Beautiful Lesley, love the colours you've chosen, gorgeous! Ruth x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous, sunny hanging Lesley, & Alexa's bottle is a beauty, you must be so proud! xxx

veronica said...

it's lovely Lesley, really like your little heart on the bottom and the colours are great. Alexa's bottle is lovely too, nice and bright

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous hanging Lesley and your granddaughters bottle is delightful xx

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful hanging, such fab colours Lesley. The glass bottle painted by your grand-daughter is such a special gift. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous colour shading on your flowers - and wow, that bottle is so cool!
Alison xx