Tuesday 17 September 2013

PaperArtsy Challenge - Joanne Wardle Inspiration

Morning All,

This week over on the fab PaperArtsy Blog, Joanne Wardle is inspiring us with her well known clean and simple style of crafting.  I love this style but often find it very difficult to pull off successfully as it means your stamping, positioning, etc., has to be spot on so something that looks deceptively easy to do isn't at all.

Now unfortunately for me, Joanne has been showcasing PaperArtsy's smashing Halloween stamps of which I don't have a single one which is a pity because I absolutely love their selection.  Having looked at them carefully now I think I might have indulge in a couple of sets.  They're bound to come in handy for my grandchildren's future parties ;D!  For now I've had to improvise with stamps from my stash.

Anyway, this is my card taking inspiration from Joanne's first project this week.


and a close up so hopefully you can see the sparkle around the gravestone and bird


I'm off to link up to the PaperArtsy blog and I'll be back with my second card very shortly.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

12 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Very, very impressive, Lesley! I don't think I would have the skill to create such 'perfectly simple' cards. You've pulled this off brilliantly. Julie Ann xx

Beryl said...

It's awesome Lesley. Great stamps you've used there and I love the paint smoosh(?) of purple.
Beryl xx

joanne wardle said...

perfect. those stamps work beautifully with the style. thank you for taking part in my challenge.

sam21ski said...

Fab choice of images and love your purple splash of colour

Sam xxx

ionabunny said...

Great images and colours. Who's stamps did you use then? I like the sentiment

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant image, and of course I love the quote! Great take on Joanne's inspiration.
Alison x

lisa said...

I love it, Lesley. That splash of purple is great. It looks very spooky!!
Hugs Lisax

Brenda Brown said...

Love he halloween and cas style together, very effective.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

You've achieved the CAS look so well on this Lesley. It looks so good with just the splash of colour.

Sue x

Craftyfield said...

I can see the glitter... and it looks great! Adequately spooky card too...

Etsuko said...

Awesome! I love those the stamps balance and purple one stroke.

Janet said...

Fab card Lesley, love your images
Janet