Thursday 25 June 2009

A Couple of Recent Cards

After you have read this post scroll down to find the link to some wonderful blog candy from Elusive Images!!!

First of all a big thankyou to any visitors who have checked back (some of you lovely people more than once) to see if I've managed to sort out my photo problems. Well, we did have a gremlin (now given the boot I hope) so things are a lot better but I still haven't sussed how to make my images clickable so that you can see an enlargement but I'll keep trying.




The two cards shown above were very quick and simple to make. I stamped the pretty flourish using Adirondack dye inkpads, dragged the colour a little with my waterbrush and added some glitter highlights. I cut out the butterflies from some Artylicious paper which was from my exclusive Graphicus Guild paper pack, added a few touches of glitter, curved the wings and attached them with silicone glue. I then stamped the sentiment with a Black Memories inkpad.

The flourish stamp (Dimension Fourth) and the sentiment stamp (Butterfly Kisses) were both bought from the NEC last March and the glitter, inkpad and Artylicious paper butterflies (which can also be found on the Artylicious Butterfly Bliss cd) can be had from Graphicus.


NOW FOR MY NEW CUTE CARD


I'm fairly new to the cute style of card but I'm getting better at them and this is the first of five I made a week or so ago. I decided to try using Distress Inks to clour my lovely images and I think my results were quite successful. Even my brother, who is a talented watercolour artist, was quite impressed by my first attempts. This cute little elf is called Alva from Magnolia Stamps and is another one I bought from the NEC from the lady who designs them. I love this little elf because .................. she has a mouth! I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a Christmas elf because that's a poinsettia in her hand but I wanted to use her now so I used more summery colours.

The Nestability Label die, CB Swiss Dots folder, Core'dinations card and Distress Inks were all from Once Upon A Stamp. The flourish and fern leaf punches were from The Hobby House and everything else was from my stash and I can't remember where from.


AW, AIN'T SHE SWEET!



Don't forget to scroll down!

7 comments:

lisa said...

I'm so glad you managed to sort your gremlins out Lesley. Your photos were definitely worth waiting for.
Your butterfly cards are just stunning.. They are so simple but exquisite. I love those flourishs.
Your cutie card is also lovely, very much a cutie!!

Lisax

veronica said...

glad you sorted your pix out Lesley - the butterfly cards are really lovely - that flourish stamp is gorgeous! Cutie is nice, too - will take your word it is a poinsettia!

Jo said...

Hurray! I can see your pics. Showing your versatility again with classy and cute. Have a feeling I might know Alva. Lovely colouring and eye-catching colour combination. Hope the gremlins are gone for good.

Kathryn said...

I love your butterfly cards they are very simple but elegant and look stunning.

Love the colors of the cute card

Kat

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Lesley. The butterfly card are gorgeous...very elegant and the little elf card is adorable...I love the gorgeous flower detail! Debbie x

Shirley said...

I love them all! The butterflies are gorgeous and the design for them is wonderful! That little elf is just adorable too!

Phree said...

Beautiful flouish cards, sometimes the clean and simple look just works so well! Great cute card - I really cannot do those kind of cards so kudos to you for mastering them.