Are you all planning on a nice cosy evening at home after the miserable weather it's been all day? Typical that it's going to dry up just as the day's about over, lol! Anyway, my second post today is to share September's Tag and ATC swaps which I almost didn't get done but our Leader Sam kindly waited for me ;-) Because I did them in a bit of a rush there's a couple of little boobs but they didn't turn out too badly. The theme this month is 'resist' and was actually suggested by me so would have been a poor show if I'd failed to get any done, lol!
I decided on a wax paper resist for both my tags and used the same piece embossed wax paper for both by sandwiching the wax paper between 2 coated tags (1 glossy and 1 satin) so that means 1 has the negative resist and 1 the positive. I find this such an effective and simple technique.
Now, this is where the first mistake occured! The Invisibile Image stamps I used were new (although I've had them a few months) and when I took them out they were really sticky. I ought to have given them a soapy wash first but instead I ploughed ahead with stamping and they stuck so well I had to peel them off which almost removed the coating and did take the ink back off. If you look closely you can see where I restamped over the original images (the flourish at the bottom and the top horse). Ooops!
The kind of mistake on the second tag is where the lighter coloured areas are. The face on the Finnabaire image out to have been over the grey area not the aqua colour and I did intend tinting her face a bit but decided it wasn't such a good idea over that colour. She looks poorly enough!
Joking apart though I did like these tags and it was good that I learnt a few lessons from them.
For my ATCs I used the 'Joseph's Coat' technique. I blended Distress Inks onto the background then stamped my favourite PaperArtsy script stamp all over. Next I stamped the Lin Brown (for PaperArtsy) stamps using Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Finally I dragged a Black Versafine Inkpad over the whole surface and when almost dry I buffed the embossed areas with a paper towel
That's it for today folks. Hope you like them! Hope you all have a relaxing evening.